KDRA News Network

Congratulations to Mrs. Gleeson for being selected as one of DRA’s Teachers of the Year for 2017-18

On Friday, March 23, it was announced that Mrs. Gleeson and Mr. Flores are DRA’s  2017-18 teachers of the year.

Every year the Desert Sands Teachers Associations (DSTA) has an election at each site and teachers nominate and vote for two colleagues.

Mrs. Gleeson has been teaching for 13 years. Prior to DRA, she taught at Kennedy Elementary School. Mrs. Gleeson is married to Mr. Gleeson. They have two kids, Bryce and Brody. Mrs. Gleeson went to San Diego State University for her college. She majored in Liberal Studies with a minor in Psychology. She also received her teaching credential at San Diego State University. Mrs. Gleeson got her masters in Curriculum and Instruction at Chapman University.

“I love that everyday is different and I enjoy watching students grow not only academically, but personally.  The moments when students have clarity and are able to make connections is a rewarding feeling for the both of us, ” said Mrs. Gleeson when asked about what she likes about teaching.  

Her favorite quote is  “If you can dream it, You can Do it” – Walt Disney

“Mrs.Gleeson is a good teacher because she inspires us and she also believes in us,” says Alexis Falomir, one of the students in Mrs.Gleeson’ first and second period.