Daily announcements for Wed. Jan. 15, 2020

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Good Morning Diamondbacks. Today is Wednesday, January 15, 2020…….

• ASL Club meets every Wednesday both lunches in room 313. Please join us to learn American Sign Language. See Mrs. Tingle for more information.
  • Who will win the SOUP-er bowl? It’s up to you. Will it be the AFC or NFC? Bring your canned food to room 615 to vote for the team you think will win! All cans collected will be donated to local charity.
  • Mrs. Amidei is taking a group of students to the Holocaust Remembrance Ceremony at the Palm Desert Civic Center on Monday, 1/27/20. If you would like to attend this great trip, please get a permission slip from room 615.
  • Girl’s basketball tryouts after school today. See Mr. Rojo in room 411 if you have any questions.
  • 2nd quarter ends this Friday, January 17th. Please make sure you have turned in all your assignments. 
  • Dine-in night Sponsored by our PTO is tonight at the Habit Burger in La Quinta from 5 – 9:00 PM. Remember to pick up your flyers in the office….See you there.
  • Any student interested in performing at Shadow Hills High’s basketball game halftime show tomorrow, January 16th, please go to the DRA website and look for the SHHS DANCE CLINIC flyer or see Mr. Rojo in room 411
  • Kindness Challenge: Stay In Touch – Write a letter to a family member or friend that lives far away and let them know that you miss them and intentionally reconnect. 
  • Students, remember, your daily attendance is important to your academic success. Please be a scholar and arrive to school on time each and every day. We will continue tardy sweeps throughout the day at the beginning of second period. Teachers will lock the door as soon as the bell rings so make sure you are in your classroom before the bell rings!
  • Reminder, you must wear your  lanyard and ID at all times. If you forgot or  lost it, sales are in the library.
  • Cell phones  are to be off and put away inside your backpack from the moment you enter school until the time you leave.  If you are feeling sick do not use your cell phone to call your parents. You must first report to the health office and get logged in.
  • Basketball, football, baseball or tennis balls can only be used in the playground only. Golf balls are not allowed on campus. 
  • Please remember, you must come to school with a fully charged Chromebook everyday and must wear your lanyard and uniforms at all times.
  • Remember: stop by the office to leave shout-outs in order to recognize our amazing staff for all they do. 
  • Today’s Shout-outs go to
    • To our announcement readers for reading the announcements daily from office aides
    • To Mr. Rojo, Thank you for everything you do. You are funny and you make me smile from Melanie Tiaga
    • To Coach Sommaripa for having an amazing dance class from anonymous 
    • To Ms. Denise for being so funny and cool from 6th period Office Assistant