Daily announcements for Monday, Jan. 27, 2020

• Behind the Scenes Write a note and secretly leave it for someone in your life who, behind the scenes, helps you to be the best version of yourself.
  • Students going with Mrs. Amidei and Mrs. Thomas to the Holocaust Remembrance Ceremony today, please listen for the all-call after lunch.
  • This Friday is DRA Jersey Day! Please bring in your canned food item and vote whether you think the Chiefs or 49ers will win the Super Bowl!
  • Next week is Spirit Week! Please see Mrs. Amidei if you do not get your spirit chart by Tuesday. Permission slips for the Merit Card trip to Boomers on Friday the 7th will start going out on Monday to Gold Card earners, for Silver card earners on Tuesday, Bronze card earners on Wednesday, and Diamondback earners by Thursday.
  • Congratulations to Evelyn Walker who is a scholarship recipient from the Coachella Valley Symphony. Her hard work and dedication has paid off. We are proud of you. 
  • Thursday, this week, January 30th is DRA’s Open House from 4 – 6 PM. Student, remind your parents so you can all join us. We will be selling E&E Pels, Tacos, and our PTO will be selling drinks.
  • Students, remember, your daily attendance is important to your academic success. Please be a scholar and arrive to school on time each and every day. We will continue tardy sweep throughout the day. Teachers will lock the door as soon as the bell rings so students, make sure you are in your classroom before the bell rings!
  • Reminder, you must wear your  lanyard and ID and school uniform at all times. If you forgot your lanyard or have lost it, sales are in the library.
  • Cell phones  are to be off and put away inside your backpack from the moment you enter school until the time you leave.  If you are feeling sick do not use your cell phone to call your parents. You must first report to the health office and get logged in.
  • Basketball, football, baseball or tennis balls can only be used in the field area. Golf balls are not allowed on campus. 
  • Please remember, you must come to school with a fully charged Chromebook everyday.
  • Today’s Shout-outs go to:
    • Mr. Martinez for being a good Spanish teacher from Alyssa Hernandez
    • Mr. Carnes for going for the 49ers from SC
    • Mr. Solis for being CHILL from Office Aides