Daily announcements for Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020

Daily+Announcements

Daily Announcements

• The Random Act of Kindness continues. Our PTO continues to collect hygiene products. Please help us support this project, by dropping off products in the front office.
  • Patience focus: I’m Listening – Make sure everyone is heard in your conversations during the day. 
  • Reminder: PTO Door Decorating Contest ends on February 24th! The best 6th period door will win a pizza party! Contact PTO if you have any questions.
  • Hey 8th graders, high school visits are coming soon. We will be visiting Indio High School next Monday, February 24 and Shadow Hills High School on Friday, March 20. Permission slips for IHS are due this Thursday, February 20 in the main office. Contact Mr. Olachea if you have questions.
  • Today is DRA’s first home basketball game against Indio Middle School. Teacher and students, please listen for the all call to release players at 2:30pm.
  • AVID students with NO D’f or F’s for quarter 2 please report today to MPR during lunch for your celebration.
  • All students interested in joining the DRA Track Team please stop room 411 to see Mr. Rojo for more information.
  • Track packets are due tomorrow, Friday. Practice and try-outs for DRA’s Middle School sports TRACK is also tomorrow Friday.. Please bring your completed packets with you. See Mr. Wilson in room 601 for details.
  • The IPR window is open. Students, remember to turn in all your assignments so your grades are reported accurately.
  • Students, remember, your daily attendance is important to your academic success. Please be a scholar and arrive at school on time everyday. As you know, we continue to do tardy sweeps throughout the day. Teachers will continue to lock their door as soon as the bell rings so please make sure you are in your classroom before the bell rings!
  • Remember, you must wear your  lanyard and ID and school uniform at all times. If you forgot your lanyard or have lost it, sales are in the library.
  • Cell phones  are to be off and put away inside your backpack from the moment you enter school until the time you leave.  If you are feeling sick do not use your cell phone to call your parents. You must first report to the health office and get logged in.
  • Basketball, football, baseball or tennis balls can only be used in the field area. Golf balls are not allowed on campus. 
  • Blankets or blanket throws are NOT allowed on campus. 
  • Please remember, you must come to school with a fully charged Chromebook everyday!
  • Today’s Shout-outs go to: