Diamondback 8th graders visit Indio High

Adrian Lopez, Reporter

On Monday, Feb. 24, 2020, Mr. Olachea, school counselor, and over 50 Diamondback 8th graders visited Indio School to check it out for 9th grade. Students boarded the buses at DRA at 9:30 a.m. and returned at 11:30 a.m.

Upon arriving to IHS, Diamondbacks were greeted Rajah leaders who took them on a tour of the campus. Students saw the pool, gym, and the classroom buildings. Students did not enter the classrooms because learning was taking place.  The Rajah ASB president addressed the students. Students also had the opportunity to visit club tables.

“Today, a group of 32 students took a trip to Indio High School as part of our 8th grade transition plan. As we arrived, the students were greeted by the IHS drumline and cheerleaders and were then given a tour of the campus. The tour concluded at the gymnasium where additional performances by the IHS cheerleaders, dance team, and choir took place. Our students then had an opportunity to walk around to meet students from various clubs, sports, and organizations from IHS to get an idea of the activities they would be able to enroll in once at IHS. It was an amazing experience for our students and I hope they are excited to attend next year as 9th graders, ” said Mr. Olachea, 8th grade counselor.

The next high school visit is scheduled Shadow Hills High School on March 20, 2020.

photographer: Adrian Lopez