DSUSD will start the 2020-21 school year with distance learning

Bailey O'Malley, Reporter

Hey, Diamondbacks! School is starting on August 19, 2020.

In-class  learning  is out of the picture for now as Governor Newsom declared that all public schools in counties  on the watch list must start the year with distance learning.   The school year will start with distance learning to help stop the spread of COVID.  Visit the DRA website (www.dsusd.us/desertridge)  to view  timeline that shows what is taking place to inform parents/guardians and students about what is happening and when it is happening.

Students will receive grades for completed work and there will be progress reports and report cards. Attendance will also be taken every day. DRA is still leading the way with clubs and students can still participate in clubs virtually this year.

“On July 17, 2020, Governor Newsom ordered all counties on watch list (including Riverside) to begin the school year with distance learning. DSUSD will begin the 2020-21 school year with distance learning on August 19. We will transition to a hybrid model (combination of distance learning and in-classroom instruction) when it is safe to do so. All parents may choose to have their students remain in distance learning for the entire 2020-21 school year” (DSUSD website).

For more information about back to school information, please visit www.dsusd.us/desertridge or www.dsusd.us